Popular Post

Posted by : Cain Karl Monday, December 2, 2013

OMG Powers!
If you haven't heard, Marvel is unveiling the new Ms. Marvel, a 16 year old girl from Jersey.  Now I will generally blast comic books for being too adult when their market was supposed to be for kids, or badly written or even just plain insane and unreadable, and I'm a fan!  However I am always pleased at how they at least TRY to deal with stereotypes.  Back after 9/11, Marvel added an X-men named 'Dust' to their roster.  It was a perfect time, as mutants were feared and hated, to add someone who was both Muslim and a mutant.

So having the new Ms. Marvel be a 16 year old Muslim from a conservative family is downright interesting and intriguing. It may end up being another tired story line after a while like I felt with DC's New 52 (you had ONE job DC. . .), but for now I'm curious.

- Copyright © iansgp - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -